Friday, August 20, 2010

AWAKEN....

We were given so many prizes
We changed the desert into oasis

We built buildings of different lengths and sizes

And we felt so very satisfied

We bought and bought
We couldn't stop buying
We gave charity to the poor cause

We couldn't stand their crying

We thought we paid our dues

But in fact

To ourselves we're just lying

Chorus:
Oh...I'm walking with my head lowered in shame from my place

I'm walking with my head lowered from my race

Yes it is easy to blame everything on the west

When in fact all focus should be on ourselves

We were told what to buy and we'd bought
We went to London, Paris and Costa Delso
We made show we were seen in the most exclusive shop
Yes we felt so very satisfied

We felt our money gave us infinite power

We forgot to teach our children about history and honor

We didn't have any time to lose

When we were (were)

So busy feeling so satisfied


Chorus:


We became the visuals without a soul
Despite the heat
Our homes felt so empty and cold

To fill the emptiness

We bought and bought
Maybe all the fancy cars

And bling will make us feel satisfied

My dear brother and sister

It's time to change inside

Open your eyes
Don't throw away what's right aside

Before the day comes

When there's nowhere to run and hide

Now ask yourself cause Allah's watching you


Is He satisfied?

Is Allah satisfied?


Chorus:

-Maher Zain-


I love this song so much. Now is the moment to awaken. Remind myself again and again... What I dream of is what I am meant to create. So, awaken and make them real....

No comments: