Saturday, November 7, 2009

YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW

I want to share a poem I once read from the book entitled Life is an Open Secret, Think About It by Zabrina A.Bakar.


Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow


Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday
And today was such a lovely day
That I wondered why I worried about today yesterday
So today I am not going to worry about tomorrow
There may not be a tomorrow anyway



So today I am going to live as if there is no tomorrow
And I am going to forget about yesterday
Today is the tomorrow I planned for yesterday
And nearly all my plans for today did not plan out the way I thought they would yesterday



So today I am forgetting about tomorrow and I will plan for today
But not too strenuously
Today I will stop to smell a rose
I will tell a loved one how much I love her
I will stop planning for tomorrow and plan to make today the best day of my life

Today is the tomorrow I was afraid of yesterday
And today was nothing to be afraid of
So today I will banish fear of the unknown
I will embrace the unknown as a learning experience full of exciting opportunities
Today unlike yesterday I will not fear tomorrow
Today is the tomorrow I dreamed about yesterday
And some of the dreams I dream about yesterday came true today
So today I am going to continue dreaming about tomorrow
And perhaps more of the dreams I dream today will come true tomorrow
Today is the tomorrow I set goals for yesterday
And I reached some of those goals today



So today I am going to set slightly higher goals for today and tomorrow
And if tomorrow turns out to be like today
I will certainly reach all of my goals one day!



I love this poem so much. Before this, I do not know what is going to happen to me in the future. I can never be sure of anything, not even what will happen to me in the next two seconds. Now, I find something that makes me think and find a new light to brighten my life more and more. I became aware that the life experiences truly reflect the year of my life in addition to what tests I may be facing in the future. So, I should not be surprised at all about anything that takes place. It has been planned by Allah. It is just I don’t know about it.

No comments: